Goodbye and Hello
As we start to say Goodbye to 2014 and Hello to 2015 take the time for a few moments of reflection. Focus on what worked and not on what was wrong. The more we can focus on our strengths or what works, the faster we can build the life we want. As we know, thought creates and the thoughts we focus on manifest. So, it falls to reason that the more we focus on our strengths, the faster we can build the life we dreamed of living.
Ask yourself questions such as:
1. Was I a good mother, wife, employee or friend?
2. If yes, what did I do that helped me achieve that status?
Write down a list of your answers so you can reflect on them in the coming week. Here are some of the items from my list.
1. I made time in my life for those relationships. They were important so I made them a priority.
2. I nurtured my relationships. Relationships are like plants. They need to be watered and fed which translates into time and attention.
3. I was a good listener. We all need to be heard. We don’t need solutions, we just need to be heard.
4. I loved and didn’t judge. We all have our life lessons to work through. At those times, we need love, not criticism.
5. I encouraged, supported and praised the strengths I saw in them. We all need for others to see what we are doing right. We criticize ourselves enough and don’t need it from those around us.
Now, take the time to give yourself LOVE! We can never have too much love and most times we don’t love ourselves enough. This includes loving what you don’t like about yourself. All of those experiences helped make each of us the person we are today and it is a part of us. So, focus on Loving the total you!